The last days before the wedding are filled with excitement, nerves, and a mind that will not rest! I am a pretty detailed person, so I am consistently challenging myself with "what am I not thinking about?!" I carry a little notebook in my purse to write down checklist items and that helps put it at ease. I laugh, because about a month ago, Mike starting sending me our weekend plans in an excel grid with full timing and action of activites and times. All I can say is I have an amazing groom who knows how to comfort me and bring me a sense of peace from something as simple as an excel worksheet!
The trickiest thing about the last week is that you typically want to meet or contact all of your vendors to confirm timelines and details. You don't realize how many different vendors you have until you start having four appointments an evening (after work)! Mike and I have done a good job of dividing and conquering. We do make a good team!
My advice in the last weeks as you are meeting with vendors and confirming with bridal party and family:
1. Send your timeline and contact lists out. As you meet with vendors, add info to your timeline (but realize that is just a guide and things never go perfectly to schedule on the big day).
2. Prepare your final checks for the vendors and have them ready to go.
3. Pack for the wedding night, next day clothes and toiletries.
3. Pack for the honeymoon and gather tickets, passports, travelers' checks, etc.
4. Pack all of the items you will need for the wedding: rings, guest book, decorations, ceremony programs, candles, marriage license, bridal emergency kit, etc
5. Confirm rehearsal information and meeting times with the bridal party on the day of the wedding.
6. Confirm food and drinks for the wedding crew the day of the wedding (so everyone is fed and hydrated).
7. Relax, take a deep breath, and have fun! Expect that there are going to be some surprises and not everything will go as planned, but what matters is you are marrying the person you love and your family and friends are there to support you and celebrate with you! Soak it in!