by Rebecca Omastiak An intimate ceremony with close family, friends . . . and thousands of Twin Cities viewers? That's the purpose of Twin Cities Live's Whirlwind Wedding contest. The contest's winning couple will receive a wedding valued at more than $20,000. The task? To plan a wedding in six weeks before TCL host John Hanson marries them live on the show Friday, August 3 at Bunker Hills Regional Park.
(Twin Cities Live hosts John Hanson and Elizabeth Ries)
Viewers will have the chance to watch while the two plan their wedding and will have opportunities to vote on wedding features, including the bride's dress. Twin Cities Live hopes this event will be a chance to show Twin Cities residents how to plan a local wedding within a short amount of time. A few of the Whirlwind Wedding perks include:
- Bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses, and tux rentals from Wedding Shoppe, Inc.
- Wedding bands from Continental Diamond
- Flowers from Liesl B
- Catering from The Lookout
- DJ service from Adagio Diay Entertainment
- Wedding cake from Lunds & Byerly's
- Hair and make-up services from New Reflections Spa/Salon
- Honeymoon suite at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
- Outdoor ceremony and reception at Bunker Hills Regional Park
To enter the contest, visit Twin Cities Live's website and submit your name by Monday, June 18. Be sure to tune in Monday, June 25 when the winning couple is announced on the show and the arrangements begin. After all, a wedding is cause for joyful celebration; why not share it with many?