Photo by Becca Sabot
As you start meeting with vendors, you’re bound to be filled with questions. But before you sign on the dotted line, make sure you're asking the right things to get precisely what you want (and are paying for). Here, three local vendors—a photographer, a planner, and a florist—share the top four questions brides should ask before they commit.
Jackie Just, Just Bloomed (Floral)
- How many weddings does your company take on in a weekend?
- What's the average floral budget for the weddings you've done in the last year?
- Do you come back to strike the floral/vases at the end of the evening?
- Do you offer a mock-up centerpiece design to approve prior to the wedding?
Amy Fuerstenberg, MiMi Design (Wedding Planning)
- Do you work alone or with a team?
- Will we work directly with you or with a group of assistants during the planning process and on the wedding day?
- How do you charge for your services: a flat-fee, billed by the hour, or a percentage of the overall wedding budget?
- Are we required to book only vendors you recommend or can we hire someone outside of your repertoire?
Eliesa Johnson, Photogen Inc (Photography)
- What does full day coverage include?
- How many photographers, including you and your assistants, will be there on our wedding day and what are their roles?
- We want our photos to look timeless. What is your editing process like?
- I would love to be published in a magazine or on a blog, is this something you can do?