Photos by Becca Sabot
On Sarreshteh: Dress by Lanvin, trench coat by IAN R.N., bracelet by Oscar de la Renta, all from The Solidago, thesolidago.com; boots by MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, from Grethen House, grethenhouse.com; sunglasses by Oliver Peoples, from Nordstrom, nordstrom.com
If Bill Cunningham were documenting fashion on the streets of Minneapolis, Maryam Sarreshteh would regularly make the cut. “Finding a good everyday street look is the best exercise we can have in finding our unique style,” says the Iranian beauty, who has cultivated her daring high-low approach to fashion over years of experimentation—she’ll pair Isabel Marant with Superga, rag & bone jeans with Zara tops and Nach Bijoux jewelry.
“I love when people ask what I’m wearing because it’s what I do,” says Sarreshteh, who took her hobby for high-end consigning and turned it into The Solidago—an online upscale resale boutique that draws clients from all over. She collects their good-as-new Louboutins, Phillip Lim blouses, and Megan Park dresses in her 1,500-square-foot St. Louis Park warehouse, then sells them on eBay at a 50/50 margin.
There are times the fashion hound can’t help purchasing a piece for herself—like this oversized tan trench coat by IAN R.N. (pictured), which, when thrown over any outfit, gives her that street edge she’s always after, even when picking up her 7-year-old twins from school.
Sarreshteh’s Favorite Things
- Hello Kitty phone case: “I have a 7 year old daughter who brings back memories from my childhood. Hello Kitty was always one of my favorite characters.” From Urban Outfitters, 3006 Hennepin Ave., Mpls., 612-824-1000, urbanoutfitters.com
- Guinot Hydrazone Moisturizing Cream: “I owe my good skin partially to this cream, which I’ve been using since my twenties.” From Faye’s Facial Clinic, 11 10th Ave. S., Hopkins, 952-250-5637, faysfacialclinic.com
- Nach Bijoux panther earrings: “Every time I have a Nach Bijoux piece on, I get compliments. People fall in love with them.” From Arrow, 121 N. First St. Mpls., 612-339-1663, arrow-minneapolis.com
- Angel by Thierry Mugler: “It’s a very unique scent - I’ve been told it goes well with my skin and hair color.” From sephora.com
- Louis Vuitton bag: “I picked purple because it goes well with everything, and because it’s not black. It’s also big enough for my busy life. Every stylish woman should carry a nice bag.” From Louis Vuitton, Galleria, 952-920-8000, louisvuitton.com
- Tom Ford sunglasses: “I love big glasses but they don’t always fit my small face. These have small cuts on ths shades so they fit perfectly—they’re my everyday glasses.” From Nordstrom