This charmingly bright and stunningly architectural (it literally bounces when you walk) Issey Miyaki dress epitomized the print/pattern trend we highlighted Thursday night at Macy's Spring Designer Event in the Oval Room of the downtown Minneapolis store. I had the fun assignment of hosting the event, a benefit for Fashion Group International of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Other key trends we hit on for Spring 2011:
- White on white. Worn top to bottom, with white accessories. (Paired with nude/natural sandals).
- Pop of color. The turquoise dress. The orange bag. Vibrant hues stand alone, get accessorized and even mixed together, for those who like a bold statement.
- Bohemian/'70s influences. Long dresses, crocheted details, funky prints, soft and flowy silhouettes.
- Chain jewelry. You can keep layering, but for spring, the strands are chunkier.
- Naturals. You need nude heels and wedges. The models wore them with everything.
- Old Glory. That's Macy's-speak for what I like to call...navy. But then, I'm just a simple girl. A backstage look at this summer perennial: