Lilly Pulitzer for Target launches on Sunday (April 19), and the buzz is building to Missoni-esque proportions. There’s just something about iconic designer prints at accessible prices. With spring heating up, Lilly Pulitzer’s preppy Palm Beach-inspired resort wear is a well-timed dose of sunshine and color. This collection is expansive: 250 pieces spanning apparel for women and girls, home, entertaining, travel, and beach gear, priced from $2 to $250. The products feature 15 prints created by Lilly Pulitzer artists for this limited edition line.
You can browse the entire lookbook online, but here’s what you need to know to get your hands on exactly what you want.
1. The collection will be available at ALL Target stores on Sunday. But not all stores will have the same assortment. “The selection will vary by store,” Target spokesman Joshua Thomas says. From past experience, you can bet the stores that get the most will include Super Targets, the downtown Minneapolis store and the Quarry, where Target experiements with new concepts, as well as stores in upscale suburbs. But the obvious locations are also likely to sell out more quickly.
2. The collection will launch online at Target.com very early Sunday morning. Target wouldn’t pin it down, but it’s safe to say you will be able to shop online before stores open. And if you’re awake after Saturday Night Live, it’s worth logging on to check.
3. This collection includes plus size women’s apparel! But like many items in the collection, the plus size pieces will be online only. Same for much of the jewelry, and shoes.
4. Buy as much as you like—there are no quantity limits in stores. Online, customers are limited to five of the same item (meaning, a dress in the same color and size).
5. Don’t drag your heels on returns. Although Target has a 90-day return policy, that period is shortened to 14 days on all Lilly Pulitzer for Target items. Silver lining: If you don't find what you want on Sunday, it's worth checking back in two weeks!