The Twin Cities first dedicated eyelash bar, Jett Makeup, celebrates its grand opening Thursday evening with free makeup and lash applications from 6 to 9 p.m. Take advantage! I'm still figuring out the whole false eyelash process. Jett owner Amy Presson offered these tips and insights:
- For a night on the town, try a simple strip lash. Prices start at $20.
- For more lasting false eyelashes, there's silk or mink, which can be worn, taken off and reapplied 20 to 25 times. (Presson says Madonna and J. Lo like these for the red carpet.) They cost $120 to $195, which includes reapplication. (It takes just a few minutes).
- You don't need mascara with false eyelashes. You can wear eyeliner, but probably won't need that either.
- Then there's semi-permanent lashes. They are applied, about 100 per eye, to natural lashes with professional grade adhesive and shed gradually. Monthly fills are recommended.
- Avoid oil-based makeup removers when wearing false eyelashes of any kind. Try a water-based formula with a Q-tip.