The team behind Chiang Mai Thai created Ginger Hop with a Vietnamese colonial vibe. The food may have a Southeast Asian influence, but you'll find flavors from all over contributing to innovative dishes, including a kimchi Reuben. The subterranean music club known as Honey serves small plates like truffle fries, bruschetta, and calamari.
Lunch — $10
- Fresh Spring Roll
- Choose from Shrimp (Gluten Free), Tofu (Vegan) or Banh Mi (Pork)
Entrée (Choose one):
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Thai fried rice topped with grilled pineapple and your choice of grilled Fischer Farms pork loin, fresh tuna or General Tsing’s chicken.
- Crunchy Cashew Salad
- Mixed greens, chopped broccoli, carrots and bean sprouts in a lemon cashew butter dressing, topped with spiced cashews. Served with your choice of protein.
Dinner — $15
- Cream Cheese or Caramelized Onion and Cream Cheese Wonton
Entrée (Choose one):
- Basil Stir Fry
- Plenty of Thai basil is mixed with broccoli, red pepper, shiitake mushrooms, onion and garlic in a flavorful sauce and your choice of chicken, mock duck, tofu, shrimp or beef.
- Yellow Curry
- A beguiling blend of Thai and Indian yellow curries simmered in coconut milk with fresh vegetables. With your choice of tofu, mock duck, chicken breast or shrimp.
Dessert (Choose one):
- Key Lime Bar
- Browned Butter Brownie or Sebastian Joe’s Sorbet
Ginger Hop... Step back in time, embrace the future, or both! Here, Asian classics meet fun "East meets Northeast" cuisine, with beer as a focal point both on tap and in our recipes. The wonderful bar exudes all the best elements of an old world pub. The attractive dining room evokes a modern "Indochine" feel. Young or old, East or West, vegan or carnivore (or gluten free) - all are welcome at Ginger Hop!
Private parties are lovely and affordable in our private dining area. The room is set apart from the main dining room by beautiful French doors for a feel that is separate but not isolated.
Located on the corner of East Hennepin and 2nd Street NE, Ginger Hop is the gateway to the up-and-coming NE Minneapolis neighborhood, where artists, hipsters, boomers and retirees love to live, work and play...and eat and drink!