Oh MAN was it nice to have a week off. My family wasn't hating on me for the constant tweeting of my meals, I taught the second grader to make ravioli from scratch (and nearly had to break my hand to stop from posting the pics), and I ate my weight in bourbon balls. But digging back into the fray, and slogging through the 900+ listings in the restaurant directory (as I am so inclined to do once a year), I find that I have too much news to wait until F3.
- Volnay Bistro in Wayzata just closed their doors, but hope to relaunch in a new space this spring.
- Nordeast Eatery has closed.
- Panzanella Bistro of Shakopee is closed.
- Shiraz Fire Roasted Cuisine has closed and has now become Cattle Ranch Steak House, brought to you by the Tailgate sports bar owners across the street.
- Chateau LaMothe in Burnsville has closed.
- Plus 501 Club is closing this weekend.
NOT CLOSED BUT CHANGED . . . FOREVAHHHH.
- You heard that JP Samuelson left Solera (Jorge Guzman has just been announced as his replacement) and has been cagey about his future opportunity . . . If I was a betting girl (and I am) I'd say he's opening something in the newly vacated Ringo space. It just seems likely.
- The Pampuch has closed Corner Table this week while he gives the 6.9-year-old space a "refresher" and plans to open on Friday with a new menu and a new look.
- Turf Club is closed for a bit while new management takes over.
- Cake Eater Bakery is closed until January 15th, while Emily expands the savory menu and tries to live life without Sheela (who has gone to a wicked job in Chicago).
- Whitney Bistro is now known as 5120 Restaurant & Onyx Bar.
- Norton's Downtown in Redwing has morphed into Sarah's Restaurant.