|No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant.
You must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If Mpls.St.Paul Magazine cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Mpls.St.Paul Magazine reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Mpls.St.Paul Magazine reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to Mpls.St.Paul Magazine the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
Mpls.St.Paul Magazine reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright of Mpls.St.Paul Magazine. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
Mpls.St.Paul Magazine is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
Mpls.St.Paul Magazine reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by Mpls.St.Paul Magazine.
|Official Rules for Sweepstakes and Contests on mspmag.com and Mpls.St.Paul Magazine Social Media|
|The Mpls.St.Paul Magazine and/or its related entities (or “Sponsor”) may occasionally conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other giveaways (individually and collectively, “Promotion”) on social media/networking websites including but not limited to twitter.com, twitpic.com, tweetphoto.com. facebook.com, pinterest.com, etc. (each, a “Social Media Site”). Unless specifically noted otherwise by Sponsor, these terms and conditions shall serve as the official rules for any such Promotion conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor may terminate, extend, suspend or alter any Promotion in its sole discretion.
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to participate or win. A purchase will not improve one's chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local taxes apply. You must be a member of the Social Media Site on which the Promotion is being conducted to participate in the Promotion. Entry into any Promotion will only be via the method specified by Sponsor in the Promotion’s offer on the Social Media Site. Unless otherwise specified by Sponsor, you may enter as often as you wish. All entries must include the information requested by Sponsor to be eligible. Only one prize per person, household, email address and/or username will be allowed in any ninety (90) day period. All entries must be received within the time period stated by Sponsor during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win a prize. Late and/or subsequent entries per person, per household per email address and/or username will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any reason including but not limited to submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions and/or other conditions beyond its reasonable control. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To participate, you must be a legal US resident, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, and its sponsors and advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and/or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Sponsor's clock will be the official time keeper for all Promotions.
(a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winners will be chosen in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor.
(b) If a prize is offered to the first number of votes, posts, responses, “tweets,” etc. (collectively, “Responses”), Sponsor will determine any such winners based on the order in which such Responses are received by Sponsor.
(c) In the event winners are selected based on the “best” submitted story, photo, essay, message or other similar type of submission (“Submissions”), Sponsor will judge such Submissions and select the winners based equally on the originality and creativity of each Submission. All Submissions must be original unpublished works created by the individual entering such Submission and all submission will become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
(d) Any photos submitted by an entrant must be in .JPG format and photos larger than 5MB will not be accepted. All photos must be original, unpublished and the sole property of the entrant. In addition, photos may not contain the trademarks of any third party, nor may they contain lewd, inappropriate, threatening or obscene, defamatory or libelous images or content. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, display any submitted photo in any media, including on Sponsor's websites. By submitting a photo, entrants agree that the photo does not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, does not violate any laws, nor does it contain a virus.
(e) Winners will be notified within fourteen (14) business days following the conclusion of the Promotion by a direct message via Social Media (if applicable), and/or via e-mail and/or telephone. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified and Mpls.St.Paul Magazine reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a publicity release and/or provide other personal or tax information. Winners will have five (5) business days to provide all such information and to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and publicity release (if required). By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or the use or receipt of any prizes. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements, or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. Sponsor’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
4. PRIZES: The number and value of prizes awarded in any Promotion will vary. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description. Winners of any tickets must be available to attend such event on the date specified or another winner will be selected by Sponsor. Sponsor will not consider or fulfill any requests for additional or alternate prizes, including but not limited to requests for additional tickets, upgrades and/or alternate dates or seating.
5. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY SPONSOR.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Illegible, unintelligible or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen or undelivered entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials related to any Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries or for any malfunction or technical errors occurring on any Social Media Site on which a Promotion is conducted. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise a Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, and/or to select winners for prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Promotion, any Social Media Site or these rules.
7. CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Minnesota. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Minnesota and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such Promotion but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email email@example.com within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion.