Photo by Caitlin Abrams
Oysters at Sea Salt at Minnehaha Falls
Sea Salt at Minnehaha Falls
With so many good beachside food stands in the Twin Cities, the only logical way to choose where to eat is via which iconic water movie you saw last.
If you just watched Beaches, go to Bread & Pickle on Lake Harriet.
- Because: You need both sustenance and liquid courage to belt out “Wind Beneath My Wings” from the bandshell.
- You get: A Fulton beer and cheese curds because that’s what Bette would do.
If you just watched Cast Away, go to Como Dockside on Como Lake.
- Because: You need a full bar to face the future.
- You get: Chicken fried steak, because that’s civilized, and a Hurricane, because that’s the only kind you’ll find in Minnesota, and you can crush it.
If you just watched Blue Crush, go to Sandcastle on Lake Nokomis.
- Because: It’s one of the best places to watch the teen summer crush scene and be glad you’re over it.
- You get: Shrimp and octopus ceviche, because you’re an adult, dammit.
If you just watched Point Break, go to Sea Salt at Minnehaha Falls.
- Because: The inevitable line leaves ample time to practice your Johnny Utah bro persona.
- You get: Grilled mahi mahi tacos in honor of Bodhi, your fallen brother.
If you just watched Jaws, go to Tin Fish on Bde Maka Ska.
- Because: Eating the fish instead of the fish eating you makes you trust the water again.
- You get: Fish and chips, and with every step toward the counter you whisper da-dun da-dun.