By Stephanie March
By Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl
Harvest Beer Festival
By Parties Editors
The Morning After
By Tad Simons
Arts Off The Cuff
by Arts & Nightlife Editors
By Allison Kaplan
ASID MN Showcase Home
By Edina Realty
Super Real Estate Agents
Super Mortgage Professionals
The FAM Editors
By Emily Howald Sefton
By Real Brides-to-Be
City of Mpls Clobbers Private Dining Club 320 Northeast
By: | Posted: 10/12/2012
Hey, what are you doing Tuesday night? At 6:30? Want to come and have a beer with me and four of the most significant brewers in the Twin Cities? That is, Todd Haug, of Surly, Jason Schoneman, of Steel Toe, Damian McConn, of Summit, and Joe Pond, of what I think may be the country’s only true farmstead brewery, Olvalde, in tiny Rolling Stone, Minnesota. We’ll be sampling their beers, but also getting to the bottom of the big questions, such as:
• Is there a Minnesota style of beer? Should there be?
• Is single-farm barley the next big thing?
• What will Surly do with its fancy new brewery, once it’s built?
• What is up with that beer in the squirrel carcass—from Scotland’s BrewDog? Is taxidermied drinkware a thing?
• What is up with Rogue’s forthcoming beer brewed from yeast cultivated from its brewer’s beard? Is it the grossest thing ever, or just, like, common sense, man? If beard-beer, then pubic-beer?
• And so on!
Tickets are $10, that price gets you free appetizers from the great cooks at Chow Girls, samples of beer, conversation, and the chance to ask the big questions to some of the best brewers around. But that’s not all! We’re giving away a pair of tickets. Comment below, and name a Minnesota beer you love. We will pick a winner at random by 5 p.m. Monday, October 15. Good luck, and either way, I hope to see you there!
Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl is a senior editor at Mpls.St.Paul Magazine.See bio
Food & dining buzz, twice a month.
Our editor's guide to 1000+
restaurant across the
Search the Guide
Like Dara on Facebook
Follow MSPMag on Pinterest
Mpls.St.Paul Magazine | mspmag.com
© 2016 MSP Communications, Inc. All rights reserved
About Us | Contact Us | Media Kit | Pressroom | Subscriber Services
RSS Feeds | Site Map |